Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Baja California Dreaming

Last night I found myself tossing and turning thinking of some great dishes I had on Sunday. So what was the main subject of my dreams? A Tiradito De Pescado from Restaurante Manzanilla consisting of two things I love,Toro and Erizo (Fatty tuna belly and Sea Urchin). The light, sweet, and somewhat briny flavor of the Sea Urchin was a perfect complement to the rich, tender, and buttery Toro.Restaurante Manzanilla is one of my favorite spots in Baja and a full report is coming soon.

Toro & Uni at Manzanilla

Also from Restaurante Manzanilla some spectacular Japanese Kumomoto Oysters pulled from San Quentin. Delicate, plump, buttery perfection.
Meximoto
meximoto

From my favorite street cart "La Guerrerense" I had some Guerrero Negro Callo(Scallops) dressed with chili, lime, sea salt, red onions, and cucumbers. This was amazing!

Guerro Negro Scallops from La Guerrense

Sweet Dreams

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The tuna looks amazing! Tengo hambre!

Mike said...

Masa - just found your blog from your link on chowhound. I've enjoyed your posts there, and really look forward to reading your posts here!

Masa Assassin said...

AN- Gracias

Mike - Mike - Thanks so much I appreciate it. I should be updating weekly. I’m still tossing the idea back and forth on Including the San Diego Mex Scene.

Tim S said...

Excellent post once again. Dude...you should totally include the SD spots too! Good food is good food you know? Post it on here if its good ;-)

Jonathan said...

Wow. It all looks really good. I might have to take a trip with you across the border one of these days. It definitely looks like an entirely different experience then what we have in SD.

Masa Assassin said...

Tim S - Thanks, I'm seriously considering it

Johnathan - Yes indeed the experience is definitely unique to Baja

Mike said...

Masa - definitely include San Diego spots. The South-Of-Border stuff is fantastic, but there is a serious need for good posts on NOB stuff as well.